Friday, May 28, 2010

Long time no post


Well it has been a long time since I posted but, I have been busy! However not with tatting. The only thing I have to show for my tatting is my little owl earrings that are my very first, very own pattern!!! I think they came out cute and the pattern is on intatters if you would like it. These came about because a friend at my church asked me to tat a pair of owl earrings for her daughter in law who collects owls, I tried several patterns and nothing seemed to be small enough for earrings! I finally sat down and doodled these. Hope everyone has a great weekend! I have added the pattern in my comments it is the 3rd comment. I hope you enjoy it!

12 comments:

  1. Those are so awesome!!!! Owls aren't my thing, but if I wore earrings, I would wear those!
    Have a blessed weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute set of owls could you please send the link as I cant find the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will need: 1 shuttle
    size 80 thread in desired color
    2 size 11 seed beads for eyes
    hook for joining picots
    3-5 seed beads
    2 earring findings

    ----- very long picot
    ---- long picot
    --- picot
    -- small picot
    - very small picot
    b bead
    R ring
    ch chain
    rw reverse work
    + join
    ds double stitch

    R: 2ds b 2ds - 2ds - 2ds b 2ds close ring and rw

    ch: 1ds ----- 5 ds -- 9ds + to first picot of ring, continue with chain 2ds ----
    1ds --- 1ds -- 1ds - 3ds - 1ds -- 1ds - 2ds - 1ds -- 1ds - 3ds - 1ds
    -- 1ds --- 1ds ---- 2ds + to 2nd picot of ring 9ds -- 5ds + to base of ring cut,
    tie and hide ends
    thread 3-5 seed beads on long picot at base of ring then attach earrring finding

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much I shall be trying them out and will post on my blog when done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are SO cute. So VERY cute. I love patterns that really, really look like what they're meant to be and these certainly do that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane, It means sooo much to me that you like my pattern!!! I respect your opinion when it comes to tatting patterns or anything related to tatting so you have made my day!!!! I have a great big smile on my face :) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are precious! Don't you love the way tatting works,simple rings and chains, a suggestion of a shape and it all comes alive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are adorable. Thanks so much for sharing your pattern with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can the owl pattern be done using a needle instead of a shuttle? Is it written out any where that way. I absolutely love them and would like to make one for an "owl miss you" greeting card. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete